Therapy is an investment in yourself, your relationships, and your transformation.
Why therapy? And why with me?
Benefits of working with me
I’m highly specialized. I’m not a generalist. I can’t help everyone. Thus, I’m mindful of who I take on as clients I know I’m specifically trained to help. As opposed to learning a little bit about everything, I choose to deep dive into the issues and challenges that are particular to you, and the best treatment modalities for you to have the best outcome.
Training. Lots of training. In addition to undergoing the rigors of graduate school and licensure, I’m obsessed with staying current on all the best approaches to help you feel happy and fulfilled in your life and relationships. Which means I’m not basing my therapy entirely on some old dudes from the ’70s who never heard of Twitter. I consistently turn to local consultants and educators to keep learning.
I’m invested in your progress. I work with clients who are motivated to come to therapy and willing to dig deep. I will match that. I come to sessions prepared, but also flexible to whatever course we need to take. I take the time to check in with you to see how you feel about therapy. I welcome feedback so that I can make any changes.
I keep a small caseload. When we are in your session, I am 100% with you. I have time outside of sessions to reflect, process, and plan for the next steps in your treatment. I have a more flexible schedule should your schedule change. I’m available for you between sessions, too.
I take time to learn and grow myself. I set aside a significant amount of my operating expenses to attend trainings and conferences to hone my skills and knowledge. I also invest in my own therapy, because it’s important for me to never forget what it’s like to be sitting where you are.
I don’t schedule back-to-back appointments. For one, this means no awkward passing with strangers after you cried your eyes out. More importantly, though, this allows us the flexibility to extend the session if we are in the middle of something really important that could get cleared if we have a little extra time.
Rates for Individual Therapy & EMDR Therapy
- 45-minute session: $180
- 60-minute session: $210
- 90-minute session: $290
- EMDR intensives (2-4 hours) – Inquire for more information.
The length of your sessions is dependant on your needs, goals, and schedule.
Generally, Intake appointments and EMDR sessions are at least 60-90 minutes.
- I am not considered in-network with any insurance. Thus, I do not take insurance nor bill your insurance directly for services.
- You can access your out-of-network benefits. Your counseling services may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement through your insurance out-of-network benefits or health care savings accounts.
- You can pay for therapy through your Health Saving Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Why I don’t take insurance
For many people, insurance is the best way they can access therapy. I’m grateful for the therapists who take insurance.
Let me explain the reasons I made an intentional choice to not be an in-network provider for major insurance companies.
- Insurance companies do not support all therapists in running a client-centered business. In order to make a living, especially in Denver, an insurance-based therapist has to see a lot of clients (25-30 clients a week) and usually back-to-back appointments. For some therapists this works beautifully, but not for me. Taking insurance doesn’t allow me to provide the best care to you.
- Insurance companies require you to have a mental health diagnosis. This implies there has to be something “wrong with you” to seek out therapy. A diagnosis can also stay permanently on your health record and impact your ability for employment, life insurance, and more. In order to prove you need therapy, your therapist has to prove you’re still ‘sick enough’ to need it. This value does not align with how I view wellness and emotional being and runs opposite of how I would work with you.
- Insurance companies can control the length and duration of your treatment. Insurance companies generally don’t reimburse for sessions longer than 50 minutes. Sometimes clients need longer sessions and insurance won’t approve it. I want to offer you the freedom to receive the type of therapy that brings you the most benefit. You know your healing timeline better than any big insurance company.
Reduced Fee Options
Thus, I set aside a limited number of reduced fee slots through Open Path Collective. Currently, all my reduced fee slots are full.
Ready to invest in your transformation?