Even on the best days, being sensitive is hard.
You get easily overwhelmed when tasked with what might be a ‘normal’ amount of work or duties. (This might cause you to spiral into shame or numbness.)
You feel that something is wrong with you or you have nowhere that you belong. It’s hard for you to find people who truly ‘get you’ and your sensitive nature.
Your emotions control you. You have deep emotional responses, to both beauty and pain.
You notice little things that others don’t. This makes work and relationships hard because you’re picking up on what no one else is.
You’re constantly told you’re “too sensitive” or “too soft”. People say that you just need to toughen up and stop taking things so personally. (Ugh, if only it were that easy…)
You avoid bright lights, loud sounds, strong smells, and lots of stimulation, making it difficult to navigate the world or enjoy social events, even though you enjoy people.
You feel bored and overstimulated at the same time. You may feel you’re living life with “one foot on the brake, one food on the gas” seeking excitement and exhilaration, followed with utter depletion.
Being Sensitive Doesn’t Mean You Have to Suffer
Sometimes it feels like life just brings out the worst in you.
I specialize in helping sensitive, deep-feeling types – just like you – understand themselves and create a life that brings out the best in them. Every. damn. day.
With the right tools and support, you can have every day be a good day.
What to expect from therapy with me
- A comprehensive lifestyle assessment to make sure you’re meeting the key needs of most highly sensitive and deep feeling people.
- Learning the innate traits of being a Highly Sensitive Person and how to work with them.
- Reframing your childhood to see how messages about being sensitive have harmed you today.
- Developing strategies for managing overwhelming situations, including work, crowds, or traveling
- Discussion on how to advocate for yourself in your relationships, at work, or with family.
- Co-creating a safe space for you to be able to unpack and process everything that’s been buzzing around in your head, just waiting to have a safe space to unload.
I offer both groups and individual counseling for Highly Sensitive People.