When you enter my practice, I want you to know this is a place where you can be truly seen and accepted for who you are.
I will support you in becoming the best version of yourself, while also honoring that who you are, in this exact moment, is perfect.
I welcome working with folks from all walks of life and backgrounds, with a specialty on the following populations:
Highly Sensitive People (HSPs)
- Highly Sensitive People make up about 15-20% of the general population and possess a unique sensory processing trait that allows them to pick up more on subtleties in the environment. As such, they may become overwhelmed very easily, absorb other people’s emotions, or have difficulty navigating mainstream culture’s expectations. It’s important to work with a therapist who is knowledgeable about this trait and can provide a strengths-based approach as opposed to pathologizing one’s inherent sensitivity. I have undergone specific training to be listed on the hsperson.com website as an HSP-Knowledgable Therapist. My blog offers countless articles around how to craft your ideal life as a Highly Sensitive Person.
Members of the LGBTQ Community
- Those within the LGBTQ community often face discrimination and prejudice. Many have experienced domestic violence or abuse that goes unrecognized or unacknowledged in a heteronormative society. Oppressive attitudes or micro-agressions from others can be internalized into low self-esteem, feelings of alienation or shame. Having a trusted and identity-affirming therapist can help you take the steps needed to feel a sense of safety, healing, and belonging.
- I have specialized training and experience in working with survivors of domestic violence/intimate partner violence within the LGBTQ community.
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- I offer EMDR to clients who may need help getting past traumatic events or feel ‘stuck’ in therapy or their ways of coping. EMDR is a scientifically-proven type of psychotherapy that is targeted to help people heal from emotional distress, trauma, and other difficult life events. It’s been shown to help with a variety of issues, including anxiety, depression, PTSD, addiction, panic attacks etc. EMDR is based on the belief that the mind is geared towards healing when certain ‘blocks’ in processing are removed. Therapists who provide this modality are required to undergo extensive training and credentialing. If you are interested in learning if EMDR is right for you, please feel free to contact me.
- Helpful Articles about EMDR:
Letters for Hormone Therapy (HRT) and Gender Affirmation Surgery
- If starting hormones or gender affirmation surgery is part of your journey or transition, I am able to write letters for HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) and gender affirmation surgery.
- While I support the informed consent model of seeking out hormones and surgery. many doctors, clinics, and insurance companies require a letter from a licensed mental health professional for you to start this process.
- I’m available for ongoing therapy after your receive your letter if you’d like additional exploration and support during your transition.
- Please contact me for more information.
Domestic Violence & Intimate Partner Violence
- Survivors of violence and abuse (assault, domestic violence, trafficking, stalking, etc) face particular challenges in our culture and society to access services, achieve justice, and receive healing. Despite the extraordinary strength and wisdom that survivors possess, they may feel alienated, alone, or misunderstood. We live in a culture that often blames the survivors for the violence or abuse they have experienced, making the healing process especially difficult. I have specialized training and experience in working with survivors of domestic violence/intimate partner violence, including serving survivors in the LGBTQIA+ community.
For a free consultation or to schedule an appointment, please call (720) 772-7413 or book online.