Counseling is an investment in yourself and your well being. Please see my post: The Value of Therapy.
FEES & PAYMENT
- Payment is due at the time of service. I accept cash, check, and card.
- Initial Session/Intake:
- New clients (or former clients that have not been seen in over a year) will have an initial session/intake with me that will last up to 1.5 hours. This session will allow me to gather important information about your history, background, current struggles, and develop treatment goals. It will also be a time to determine if I am the best provider to meet your needs and for me to answer any questions about counseling to help you understand my approach.
- The fee for intake sessions is $150.
- Ongoing sessions:
- After your initial appointment, we will determine the most appropriate frequency for us to meet (usually weekly to start) and schedule ongoing sessions.
- My standard fee for an on-going 50-minute session is $100. I offer sessions on the weekends or extended sessions for an additional rate.
- At this time, I do not accept insurance. I am in the process of getting paneled with various insurance companies, but this is a lengthy process. If you do not see your insurance listed here, I do not accept it.
- Your counseling services may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement through your insurance out-of-network benefits or health care savings accounts. If you are interested in this route, please call your insurance provider to inquire about reimbursement for out-of-network counseling services and we can discuss if I am able to provide the documentation they require for reimbursement.
FEES MAY BE TAX DEDUCTIBLE
- Please be aware that some of the payments you make towards counseling sessions may be tax deductible as a medical expense, even if you choose not to file on your insurance.
SLIDING SCALE through OPEN PATH COLLECTIVE
- I do not want finances to be a barrier for you to receive counseling. Therefore, special arrangements can be made for those who have difficult financial situations.
- A limited number of sliding-scale fee rates are available. I am also able to provide referrals to other sliding-scale and low-cost therapy services if needed.
- I manage some of my sliding scale spots through the Open Path Collective. Visit their website to learn more: www. openpathcollective.org
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
Some employers will cover a limited number of counseling sessions through their Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Inquire with the Human Resources Department at your work to see if you have this benefit and how to access it. Generally, when you access counseling through this program, it remains confidential from your employer. I accept ComPsych.
VICTIM COMPENSATION BENEFITS
If you have been victim of a reported crime, you may be eligible for Victim Compensation benefits, which may include counseling. These benefits provide financial assistance to eligible crime victims to lessen the financial burden placed upon them as a result of a crime.
I am on the list of approved providers and able to accept Crime Victim Compensation from the following districts/counties in Colorado:
- 8th Judicial District – Counties: Larimer and Jackson
- 18th Judicial District – Counties: Arapahoe, Douglas, Elbert, Lincoln
- 1st Judicial District – Counties: Jefferson (JeffCo) and Gilpin
If you have any questions around payment or want to schedule a free 15 minute consultation, please call me at (720) 772-7413.