Counseling is an investment in yourself and your well being. Please see my post: The Value of Therapy.
FEES & PAYMENT
- Payment is due at the time of service. I accept cash, check, and card.
- After your initial appointment, we will determine the most appropriate frequency for us to meet (usually weekly to start) and schedule ongoing sessions.
- My standard fee for a 50-55 minute session is $140. Reduced Fee and Sliding Scale available (more information below).
- EMDR sessions are generally 1.5 hours and are prorated accordingly.
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
- New clients (or former clients that have not been seen in over a year) will have an initial session/intake with me that will last up to 1.5 hours. This session will allow me to gather important information about your history, background, current struggles, and develop treatment goals. It will also be a time to determine if I am the best provider to meet your needs and for me to answer any questions about counseling to help you understand my approach.
- Intake sessions are prorated accordingly for time.
REDUCED FEE, SLIDING SCALE, OPEN PATH COLLECTIVE, and PRO-BONO
- I do not want finances to be a barrier for you to receive counseling. If you are ready and willing to do the hard work of therapy, I will do what I can do make it accessible for you and your budget or provide referrals to other sliding scale and low-cost therapy services if needed.
- Please inquire about the following options when you schedule your appointment.
- Reduced Fee
- Reduced Fees range from $120-$100/session.
- Sliding scale
- Varying increments between $75-$50/session based on income information. I manage a portion of my sliding scale spots through the Open Path Collective.
- I have a limited number of pro-bono slots for clients based on the number of clients paying my full fee.
- Reduced Fee
- At this time, I do not accept insurance. Your counseling services may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement through your insurance out-of-network benefits or health care savings accounts. If you are interested in this route, please call your insurance provider to inquire about reimbursement for out-of-network counseling services and we can discuss if I am able to provide the documentation they require for reimbursement.
- I am working on getting paneled with various insurances, including Medicaid. However, this is a lengthy process that may take several months. Once I’m paneled to accept insurances, this page will be updated promptly with the insurances I accept.
VICTIM COMPENSATION BENEFITS
If you have been victim of a reported crime, you may be eligible for Victim Compensation benefits, which may include counseling. These benefits provide financial assistance to eligible crime victims to lessen the financial burden placed upon them as a result of a crime.
I am on the list of approved providers and able to accept Crime Victim Compensation from the following districts/counties in Colorado:
- 8th Judicial District – Counties: Larimer and Jackson
- 18th Judicial District – Counties: Arapahoe, Douglas, Elbert, Lincoln
- 1st Judicial District – Counties: Jefferson (JeffCo) and Gilpin
FEES MAY BE TAX DEDUCTIBLE
- Please be aware that some of the payments you make towards counseling sessions may be tax deductible as a medical expense, even if you choose not to file on your insurance. Consult with a tax professional to see if this applies to your situation.
If you have any questions around payment or want to schedule a free 15 minute consultation, please call me at (720) 772-7413 or set up a consult session via our online booking system.